McDonald’s and the US Product Safety Commission have issued a voluntary recall of four Shrek promo glasses after toxic cadmium was found in the paint. The recalled glasses include Shrek, Pricess Fiona, Puss and Boots and Donkey.
Cadmium is used in rechargeable batteries, manufacturing paints and plastics. Cadmium can be toxic if ingested by young children even though they will not be sick right away. The long-term health could be affected if the paint rubs off on their hands and they ingest it. Reportedly, more than seven million glasses have been sold.
If you or a loved one has become ill due to a consumer product, contact the Wisconsin product liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling 800-242-2874.