A furnace installer has agreed to pay $5 million after a fatal home explosion occurred last November.
According to investigators, one person was killed and two seriously injured after a home exploded in Sun Prairie. The explosion was allegedly caused by a gas leak from a furnace that was installed in the home six days prior to the explosion.
According to a Madison attorney, Daniel Rottier, the $5 million settlement was the largest amount of liability insurance coverage that the furnace company had. The family stated that the amount was not enough to cover damages, but they did not want to the company to go out of business as a result of the suit. The home was destroyed in the explosion and other neighboring homes were also damaged.
If you or a loved one has been injured after an explosion in your home, you need experienced representation on your side. Contact the Wisconsin explosion lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier, S.C., by calling 800-242-2874 today.