At least 26,191 home heating boilers that may cause carbon monoxide poisoning were recalled by federal authorities, an article published on Thursday, January 9 reported.
According to a FOX 17 report, the recalled gas-powered heating boilers were manufactured by U.S. Boiler and New Yorker Boiler. Homeowners who have the affected boilers are at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning if the air pressure switch fails to work properly, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) stated. The CPSC said there were no incidents of poisoning reported before the recall was made though.
Consumers who have the affected boilers were told by the CPSC to coordinate with the manufacturer for a free check and repair.
Injuries caused by defective home products are serious and may lead to expensive medical bills and other losses. The legal team at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. can help those people in Wisconsin who have suffered such injuries to hold the reckless manufacturers liable for the defective product. Call us today at 800-242-2874 to discuss your legal options if you are going through such a situation.