What are the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning?
Carbon monoxide, or CO, is a colorless and odorless gas that can cause illness or death in people and animals who breathe it in excessive concentration. The most common place people suffer CO poisoning is in their home, frequently due to a leak of CO from their heaters, stoves, or other gas powered appliances. The symptoms of CO poisoning include dizziness, headaches, chest pain, confusion, nausea, and vomiting. When someone breathes in a large amount of CO in an enclosed space, they can quickly become unconscious and die. Because CO is such a dangerous gas, it is important to have appliances checked regularly by trained specialists.
Unfortunately, CO poisoning can sometimes be caused by negligence on the part of others. If you or a loved one has suffered from CO poisoning as a consequence of a property owner or manager’s negligence, the Wisconsin premises liability attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C., can help. Contact us at 800-242-2874 to learn more about your legal options in this situation.